What happens if you’re two years in to your five year plan for success and you realize that you’re not where you thought you’d be by this time? You get discouraged. You begin to lose sight of the big picture. You question yourself about this path you’ve chosen and feel, perhaps, you’re not headed in the right direction after all. You may even be thinking about throwing in the towel and admitting defeat.
Rest assured…you’re not alone.
How do you handle this downward spiral and pull yourself up and out of the dream crushing slump that you’re in?
- Step back and remember why you started this journey in the first place.
- Take a breath and exhale all the negativity and doubt that’s been building up inside you.
- Seek counsel with friends, family, and/or team members to help you sort out where your problems lay…and actually listen to what they say.
- Then, no matter how hard it seems to be…whether you have to drop (or maybe delay) parts of your plan…or totally rework your entire game plan, take the necessary steps to begin your journey again.
McFall and tonight’s Guest Host, Tracy O’Brien, explain the difference (as they perceive it) between “Working Hard” and “Hard Work,” re-evaluating your decisions, adjusting your sails, and moving in a different direction…a better direction..the right direction for YOU.
Take Aways from tonight’s show…
1) Hard work does not equal results…you have to change your belief.
2) The three D’s.
A) Doubt/Disbelief – Doubting you can do/accomplish something
B) Distractions – things that take you away from doing what it takes to catch your dreams
C) Dephcon 3 – Things/people/life/situations keep making you reject change or moving forward.
3) Getting away and re-evaluating where you are in life.
4) Planting seeds.
5) Building the iceberg
6) You have to know your avatar (the person you’re helping.)
***Your Success Freaks men have published their very first book:
Success Freaks Guide to Dream Hunting (in kindle form for now) for just $4.99 – check it!
Don’t have a kindle? There’s an app for that…and…it’s FREE!.
***What’s New: If you’re interested in having someone help you achieve your goals, help you figure out what it is you really want to do, or just give you that nudge that you need to begin, or continue, your journey to Success… Mordant & McFall are now offering Coaching Sessions as a team.
***For those that do not know: Our Success Freaks team puts out a monthly Newsletter. Both Mordant & McFall offer a monthly message in video and members of our team contribute their own words in article form.
Success Freaks has set up the very first Dream Hunters Home Group. Meet up, Laugh loudly, and Learn more about yourself and others like you. Meeting twice monthly, members chat about some of the topics covered in the Success Freaks podcast. Don’t worry if you’ve missed an episode or three – you need not have listened to the podcast to take part in the discussion.
End Bumper Music: Feel This Moment – Pit Bull/Christina Aguilera
Living The Dream Highlights:
- http://instagr.am (Look for @MordantWorld & @Bearcrawling)